About Me

My photo
Bern, Kansas, United States
I have been teaching for 19 years. My husband and I have two daughters,and live north of Bern, KS.I currently teach 7-9 English,7-8 Reading, and Journalism at Pawnee City. Computers make me a bit apprehensive. I do use them at school, but mainly as research tools and word processors. This year however, I have started to add power points and have gotten rid of my "overhead". Ialso started my students journaling on ANGEL, and am getting more proficient with my mimio board. My home computer is a PC, but at school we use MACS. This can get confusing, but luckily, my girls are "PC's" and can usually talk me through any major errors at home. Getting my Master's is something I have always wanted to accomplished. The on-line cohort program was too good to pass up, and after a collegue of mine said she'd do it if I did...well, here I am! In addition to the higher salary, having a Masters will allow me to teach early entry college courses at my school. This is exciting for me, because even though I LOVE junior high,after nineteen years I am ready for something a little more interesting to teach than "young adolescent fiction."

Friday, March 27, 2009

Myers podcast Site

http://cmyerspodcast552.podbean.com/feed/

My podcast was designed to be a weekly feature on teh school's website and/or the Angel site. It's basic premise is to have students prepare and recite oral book reviews for others to hear and perhaps find a novel they would like to read. Their reports also help me hold them accountable for reading novels, and if they know they are posting to a peer audience, they will take more pride in their final projects.
I used several techniques on my pictures with PSE. Obviously basic rotations, cropping and resizing, but I did get creative on a couple. I really like the text over picture option and used it in several clips using different colors and fonts. I also experimented with backgrounds and layers. I several I select wild backgrounds( angled spectral etc.) and then played with the opacity and text over effects. The clip of all the different books was also neat, as I used the fluorescent effect on them to make them look cartoonish. My favorite clip ended-up being the Matilda slide. I first made the movie picture 3-D, then cut the Matilda tape out and pasted it on the wild background ( angled spectral) layer in 75 % opacity. Finally, I free rotated and skewed the size of the movie cut-out to give it a "fantasy-type" effect.
Personal Note:While doing this project, I had to work between PSE 3 at school on Macs and PSE4 at home on PC's. I am not sure if the type of computer made a difference or not but, I like PSE4 much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Girls

My Girls
Marissa and Sabrina sharing the "Love" after 2 days driving to North Carolina!