About Me

My photo
Bern, Kansas, United States
I have been teaching for 19 years. My husband and I have two daughters,and live north of Bern, KS.I currently teach 7-9 English,7-8 Reading, and Journalism at Pawnee City. Computers make me a bit apprehensive. I do use them at school, but mainly as research tools and word processors. This year however, I have started to add power points and have gotten rid of my "overhead". Ialso started my students journaling on ANGEL, and am getting more proficient with my mimio board. My home computer is a PC, but at school we use MACS. This can get confusing, but luckily, my girls are "PC's" and can usually talk me through any major errors at home. Getting my Master's is something I have always wanted to accomplished. The on-line cohort program was too good to pass up, and after a collegue of mine said she'd do it if I did...well, here I am! In addition to the higher salary, having a Masters will allow me to teach early entry college courses at my school. This is exciting for me, because even though I LOVE junior high,after nineteen years I am ready for something a little more interesting to teach than "young adolescent fiction."

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Myers Photstory 3/imovie Article Review

1 comment:

  1. I hope this is what was wanted for the article review. Please note - I do not dress like this - I was trying to appear "old"!!! My students said, I didn't look any different!

    ReplyDelete

My Girls

My Girls
Marissa and Sabrina sharing the "Love" after 2 days driving to North Carolina!